A calorie in is a calorie out! Heard this before? Gary Taubes puts it this way.
“If you had the guiness world record for counting calories and this paradigm stands true then eating 20 calories a day more than you need would lead you to being obese in 10 years.”
Lets flip that same model. Lets say you take one less bite than you ‘need’. That means at some point you would literally waste away and die. In 2 decades you would lose 40 lbs.
This is the model the government has pushed in their Energy Balance campaign. I am no doctor or nutritionist but for 40 years this basic kinda concept has been around and we haven’t maintained our waistline but we have expanded it exponentially.
Common Sense maybe sparking in your head right now. You may even agree with this. You can easily prove this right or wrong.
Do a basic search on “Is a Calorie and Calorie.” If you can answer this question then you will find the key to feeling great, losing weight, and having all the energy you need. In all other types of traditional diets you restrict something. When you restrict something this something has to give way and that is usually your quality of life. Remember this, “If you feel hungry you will not lose weight.” Your body is smart and when it feels hungry it goes into a state of storage.
“If you feel hungry you will not lose weight.”
Outside of metabolic conditions you may have I can guarantee you if you follow a basic diet, eat as soon as your hungry or before by timing your meals and you don’t eat sugar you will lose weight and feel great. So what do you eat? Lean meats, veggies, seeds and nuts, some fruit, little starch and no sugar.
Remember that Food Pyramid? Yeah, flip that pyramid up-side-down.
1. A calorie is not a calorie metabolically.
2. If you eliminate your carbs you are going to have to raise your healthy fats. Olives, Olive Oil, Coconut oil, Advocados, peanut butter…etc.
3. DO NOT FEAR FAT. Understand that since we have taken the fat out of our diet we have not gotten smaller but bigger!
4. If you are following a low carb diet and you feel hungry something is wrong.
5. No sugar. Do not buy sugar. If it is in a box flip to the ingredients and look for High Fructose Corn Syrup, Sucrose, fructose. Basically any type of -tose is sugar.
6. Enjoy living and feeling better than you ever have!
If you have any questions on why this works I would be happy to sit down with you!
Also since you have no carbs/low carbs to burn what does your body use for fuel? Fat!
Jared – FTCF
A. Warm Up
3 Deadlifts 135/95
20 Double Unders (30 Singles)
10 Step Ups 20/12
Weighted Ring Dips
3 RFT With a 20lb/14lb Vest
7 Deadlift 245/165
14 Box Jumps 20/12
7 Deadlift 185/135
50 Double unders
14 Step ups 20/12
7 Deadlifts 135/95
14 Step up 20/12
D. Cashout: 3×10 GHD Situps