The CrossFit Open is upon us and I just want to go over some things that maybe some are thinking about. If you aren’t signed up for the CF Open it is probably because a couple of different reasons. The main one being:
1. I don’t think I am good enough. You know who is good enough? No one really. The movements are going to be incredibly tough and even our strongest athletes will hit a wall or be impaired by mobility concerns or metcon red lining. It is okay. That is what it is all about! During the last Open double unders where in the first work out. Some could not do one double under…and yet no one died and they got put on the leader boards along with Rich Froning and Camille Leblanc. It doesn’t matter if you’re good enough.
In 2010 the last event of the CrossFit games had rope climbs in them. Rich Froning could not climb a rope. He did not know how. Keep that in mind when you struggle with double unders.
Fast Forward to 25:30
Since then he is fine with the rope!
2. You aren’t strong enough? You can’t squat below parallel? You can’t…(insert excuse.) Stop. We have heard it all and we have all been there. What are you doing to improve yourself? Use this event as a means of motivation to work on your limiting factors!
Now why should you compete?
1. It is competition! Who loves competition? Yes, you do. Every time you do a workout with Fight Tonight you are competing against yourself to finish that last rep. Nothing pushes your body like a competition.
2. It is fun. You think normal workouts are fun? Or maybe you think they are pure hell. Either way you like it you masochist! Plotting how you are going to game the workout. Feeling those butterflies. Relishing for the workout to be over but wanting it to never end! You like it.
3. It makes you appreciate the efforts of those below you and more importantly those who blow your score out of the water. You will be doing those same workouts!
http://games.crossfit.com – Log on/Sign up!
Jared – FTCF
A. Progressive Model Double Unders
B. Skill WOD
Use this time to find a suitable dumbbell(NOT Kettlebell).
In front of a clock set for 12 minutes:
1min Snatches (DB 50/30)
2min Snatches (DB 50/30)
3min Snatches (DB 50/30)